Hi ladies and gents! Hope you had a great week! This week I did an awesome songwriting workshop with
some of the girls from Girls First! camp at the Madeira School. It was a super-fun songwriting party We
wrote a song called Don’t Go (Please Don’t Break My Broken Heart).
I feel happy every time I get to do a workshop. THANK YOU <3
Despite the fact that I conduct songwriting workshops, I am STILL learning. Every time I turn on the radio
or go to a live show I’m picking up bits and pieces of the craft of songwriting. I also have mentors and
people that I get advice from.
One of these pieces of advice that I got recently was to listen to my most faaaaaaavoooriiiiite songs, and
learn them. Learn their structure. Get inspired by them. Learn these songs inside out, then come back to
my own writing in a couple months and see how they change the way I write (for the better hopefully).
So— I’m deciding to start with 10! Here’s my 10….not necessarily in order…just my 10 favorites:
1. Classic (MKTO) <— I loooooooove this song!
2. You and I (One Direction) <—yup, already did a Youtube cover, but I still want it in my top 10.
3. Chandelier (Sia) <—- AND EVERY OTHER SONG ON HER NEW ALBUM (but I’ll start with this for now)
4. Let it Go (Frozen) <—-sigh..hate on me go ahead! I love Disney and I love this song! I want to write for
Disney one day. That’s one of my big dreams!
5. To Sir With Love (LuLu) <—- a CLASSIC! my most favorite song of all time by my most favorite singer
of all time–LuLu
6. International Smile (Katy Perry) <—yes! I loves Katy Perry. Meow!
7. Human Nature (Michael Jackson) <— THIS SONG GIVES ME GOOSEBUMPS EVERY TIME I HEAR IT!!
8. American Girl (Bonnie McKee) <— so bubble gum. so pop. I loves it. I loves my bubble gum <3
9. I Only Have Eyes For You (The Flamingos) <—oldies! so simple, so beautiful. yes please.
10. A Whole New World (Aladdin) <—- that’s one of my top Disney songs of all time hee hee!
Welp! Time to go learn these songs…looks like I got my work cut out for me. See you in a year. Just
kidding ha ha. ..maybe I should’ve started with 5 instead of 10?
What’s in your Top 10?! TELL ME!